Saturday, October 20, 2012

Time For Sale

  The words, "Time for Sale," is something you will probably never see no matter where you are at in life. Time is something people are always searching for or running out of. If time and money grew on trees then all of the world's problems would be solved. Everybody would be less stressed and we would spend forever basking in paradise. However, there is only one problem with this concept and that is reality. Reality always seems to disrupt any source of fun or time which appears free at the moment.
    Sometimes I feel as though I need to stop time in order to accomplish all of the items that I need to get done. This upcoming week I have two large homework assignments due Thursday, a gospel choir concert on Friday, and an event for the National Society for Black Engineers (NSBE) at VCU on Saturday. Then, the week after that I have a weekend conference in Norfolk, VA. Time Management, Time Management, Time Management is all that has been popping into my head every time I think about what I need to do to prepare for this upcoming week. I keep telling myself that this is just a week, its not that serious but in the back of my mind I'm dreading the upcoming weeks. However, my planner has been able to save me through times like these and many others. Even though I can visually see it, actually doing everything written in it is another story. One of the problems I'm working on is  following through with what I plan out to do. I could write my whole day down from waking up to going to bed. However, the follow through is what seems to be the hardest part right now. Actions speak louder than words...Hopefully, I can start doing more actions this time around to accomplish all of my set goals.
  The way I plan on doing this is by finding the will power inside of myself to power through. Placing sticky notes in my planner has been helping thus far. The bright colors draw my eye to what I need to be working on and they get annoying when I keep having to move them out of the way to write down more information in my planner. Honestly I just need to put on my big girl panties and do what I need to do.

1 comment:

  1. Karis,
    I do find myself running out of time and searching for more time. I tell myself that everyone wastes time and that it is naturally. Businesses are always looking at how to make their employees more productive in the work place. As students, we must figure out how to be productive ourselves. I wish that I could stop time as well to do what I need to do. Truth be told, if we could stop time, we would waste it somehow. This is because we know that we have extra time. I guess the hours that we have in a day forces us to work harder to be more productive. I also tend to have problems with doing what I need to do even though I can see it visually. It takes time to actually get use to what gets thrown at you. Every day, we learn something new and face something new. Do not give up. This will be the pattern of our lives for the rest of our lives. You will manage your time more effectively. Just give it time. The power is within you to meet your goals. It always has been. Just keep reflecting on why did you not meet your goals and some possible solutions do better next time.

    ReplyDelete